Sunday, October 27, 2013

No Intimidation

Nehemiah 6:9 - They were just trying to intimidate us, imagining that they could discourage us and stop the work.  So I continued the work with even greater determination.

Nehemiah is a great example of a leader that refuses to be intimidated.  When opposition tried every trick in the book to get him to stop or back down, he refused.  He saw through all of their tricks.  He knew that he was doing the will of God, and the harder they tried, the more determined he became.  That is the strength of God.  Nehemiah's heart was so attuned with God's, he knew that God would never let him fail as long as he remained courageous and faithful.

God will do that for all of us.  He will never let us fail when we are faithful and courageous.  When we are surrendered to His will for us, and allow Him to work through us, He will give us all the strength and determination we need to succeed.  This doesn't mean that everything will be easy.  It means that we will succeed.  The intimidation factor will be there, but if we stay strong in our trust in the Lord,  that factor won't dissuade us from our goal of doing God's work and bringing Him the glory.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that the kind of strength and determination I need to be a successful leader comes only from You.  I ask for You to continue to fill me with Your Spirit as I go into the world today and every day.  I want to bring You the glory in all I do.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment