Wednesday, October 2, 2013

All Worth It

Philippians 3:7 - I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done.

In Paul's message, he lets them know just how good his life was before he came to know Christ (at least according to earthly standards).  He truly had it all, at least that's how he saw it.  But once he came to know Christ, he realized it was totally worthless.  No matter how much he followed the law, or was exalted because of his position as a Pharisee, it was all meaningless because he didn't have the spirit and love of Christ in his heart.

When I finally surrendered to Christ and started working to develop a real relationship with him, I was in pretty good shape as far as things are considered.  At least that's what I thought.  But I had a real void.  An emptiness that I had been unable to fill.  I tried to fill it with drugs, but that didn't work.  I asked myself a question that changed my life forever.  Had anything I'd done made my life any better?  No it did not.  When I turned to Jesus, I found that He would make it all better.  I struggled with feelings of inadequacy (still do sometimes), but Jesus has shown me that everything He did for me was worth it, because He loves me.  He has shown me that I was all worth it.  He doesn't care what I have done, He is concerned with what I am doing.  And what I am doing, is living my life for Him.  He really is all worth it.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for loving me when I couldn't love myself.  I thank You for forgetting what I have done, and focusing on what I am doing.  I pray that my life will be a beacon of Your light to shine on those who need to know You and develop a relationship with You.  I pray for their healing and comfort above my own, because it is all for Your glory.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment