Monday, October 14, 2013

Abundantly More

Ephesians 3:20 - Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

God certainly can do it.  He does it way more than we could possibly imagine.  Abundantly more...infinitely more.  Whatever we ask for, God is willing to provide as long as it is according to His will and purpose for us.  If He says no, it is because He has something even better in mind for us.  I read it recently this way: A 'no' from God is His way of directing you to a greater purpose in your life.  Accepting His 'no' requires as great a faith as carrying out His 'yes'.  We have to be willing to carry out His yes.

Am I listening to God's 'no' and accepting it, or am I trying to change His mind to give me a 'yes'?  There is no way I am ever going to change God's mind, no matter how hard I may try.  If I get a 'no', I need to accept it as just as big of a gift from my Heavenly Father as His 'yes' is. Ignoring His 'no' and going after it anyway could have serious consequences for me.  I have the free will to choose, and I need to make sure that I am choosing properly so that I will bring all the glory to God.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for saying NO...a lot.  There have been so many times that I have asked You for something only to have You say 'no'.  No one likes to be told 'no', but part of Your perfect discipline for me is giving me what I need.  I will trust Your plan and will for me, because I know that You don't make mistakes.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment