Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Who Needs Luck?

Psalm 60:4 - But you have raised a banner for those who fear you - a rallying point in the face of attack.

When God is on our side, we have nothing to fear.  The beginning of this Psalm talks of how they had been defeated, as if God was punishing them for their lack of faith.  But then God rescued them.  When they were reeling from their defeat, they sought God with their heart as their rallying point, and He saved them.  They trampled their enemies with God's help.

How often do we say to someone, "Good luck."  Who needs luck when we have God on our side.  How often do we say, "I need all the luck I can get right now."  No we don't.  We need to be on God's side.  Abraham Lincoln once said, "My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."  He is always right, and He has always been on our side.

This is something I need to make sure my heart is after, being on God's side.  I need to make sure my heart is right and seeking His favor.  God has always promised to be on my side.  He has always loved me regardless of whether or not I deserved it (I still don't).  I need to be focused on being on His side.  I don't need luck when I have a right heart.

Dear Lord, thank You for always being on my side.  I pray for the strength and wisdom that can only come from You, that I will be on Your side.  I don't need luck since I have You, and I pray that my heart will remain strong for You.   In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment