Monday, October 28, 2013

Real Leadership

2 Samuel 24:17 - When David saw the angel, he said to the Lord, "I am the one who has sinned and done wrong!  But these people are as innocent as sheep - what have they done?  Let your anger fall against me and my family."

David epitomized what a real leader should be - accountable.  He made mistakes (plenty of them) from time to time, and when he did, he confessed his sins to God and asked for His forgiveness.  What is great about this passage, is David's desire to take the punishment for his mistakes.  He didn't want any of his people to suffer for his shortcomings.

Am I this type of leader?  David was a man after God's heart, and that is what I should be desiring to be as well.  When I make mistakes (one of my specialties), I must make sure that I am not only confessing my sins to God, but that I am demonstrating accountability to my subordinates as well as my superiors.  I can only pray that I will remain true to my Lord and Savior in all that I do, and that I am a man after his heart.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder that I need to stay true to You and Your calling for me.  Thank You for reminding me to show the accountability that is necessary when I fall short, and that You get the glory for all of it.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment