Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Great and Mighty Strength

Philippians 4:13 - For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

God's power and strength doesn't just give us the strength to persevere and carry on through our daily grinds, but it also gives us the strength and courage to accomplish things we never thought possible for ourselves.  In Jeremiah, He tells us He has great and mighty things for us.  Although sometimes just getting out of bed and making it to work on time do feel like a great and mighty accomplishment, He has so much more planned for us when we step out in faith and trust in His plan and His power.

A position in my company, in another department, recently opened up, and I had been praying (and asking for prayer) as to whether or not I should apply for it.  I asked God to give me some sort of a sign or whisper that this was where He wanted me to go next.  I spoke to a coworker who is a close friend about what she thought.  She said she believed I could do the job, but that I would struggle to fit in, in the corporate environment.  While there is certainly some truth to her statement, I have always thrived on challenge.  During my Quiet Time this morning, I was praying and once again asking God to speak to me about the job.  While I was praying, the conversation with the coworker kept running through my head, and then this verse popped into my head.  God spoke to me through His word.  I love when He does that.

Dear Lord, thank You for speaking to me.  I am so grateful for everything You have done for me and given me, I pray that I will remain faithful to You in return.  Thank You for Your strength and wisdom to know when I am hearing from You, and for giving me exactly what I need, when I need it.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment