Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hard To Handle

Matthew 11:30 - "For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."

Jesus promises to never give us more than we can handle.  He has also promised to always be with us for eternity (Matthew 28).  More often than not we feel over matched with problems we are dealing with in our every day lives.  Stress at work, home, marriage, etc. seems to be more than we can handle.  During these times is when we need Jesus the most.  Nothing in this life is too hard to handle if we involve Jesus.  He will always make sure that He does the heavy lifting like He did when He carried the cross for us at Calvary.

There was a time very recently where I was dealing with some heavy issues and stress.  Since I wasn't looking at things with the right perspective, I was finding it difficult to lift my problems up to God.  It was difficult to pray.  Trying to understand and solve the problems on my own only made them greater, so I finally stopped where I was at, and just started praying.  During that prayer, which lasted quite some time, I was kind of mad at God and said, "I thought You said that You wouldn't give me more than I could handle."  Right after I said that, I felt an amazing calm come over me, and a gentle whisper in my ear simply said, "I haven't."  It all clicked for me at that moment.  He wasn't giving me more than I can handle.  He was strengthening me.  He knew that I could overcome the issues I was dealing with, but He knew that I needed to know that.  He gave me exactly what I needed to overcome.  I love when He does that.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for never giving me more than I could handle.  You have indeed kept my burdens light so that I may serve and glorify You every day.  Thank You for using me to shine Your light through me to others, and I pray for Your strength and wisdom to bear Your yoke.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment