Sunday, October 20, 2013

God Is Love - Real Love

1 John 4:10 - This is real love - not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

Even though we didn't deserve it, God sent His only Son to pay our debt and die in our place.  Only a God of total and unfailing love could do that.  We are a fallen people, but just because He loves us, He picks us up and stands us back on our feet again and knocks the dust off our backsides like a loving parent.  He is our Abba Father, and He loves and cares for us as only a parent can love a child - unconditionally.

I liked how John put it in this passage when he said, "Not that we loved God."  If we loved God and served Him like we were meant to do, then Jesus wouldn't have needed to pay our debt and die on the cross for us.  But we didn't.  We screwed it up by loving this world more than our Creator.  We did it by loving the things He gave us, instead of the Giver.  But God still redeemed us.  He gave us an amazing gift, we said thanks, and then kicked Him in the shin.  But God still redeemed us.  He still loves us, and wants nothing more than to have an intimate and loving relationship with you and I.  That is something that we should cherish more than anything this world could ever provide.  He is the real Provider.

Dear Lord, thank You for being the amazing Creator, Giver, and Provider of everything I could ever need.  I pray that I will continue to draw close to You during my Quiet Times and stay close to You in every other minute of my life.  I want to know You and know the love You have for me more than I want anything in this world.  Thank You for being my Abba Father.  In Jesus' precious and Holy name I thank You, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment