Friday, October 11, 2013

Not Above Correction

1 Chronicles 15:13 - "Because you Levites did not carry the Ark the first time, the anger of the Lord our God burst out against us.  We failed to ask God how to move it properly."

Despite David's occasional slip ups and shortcomings, he often displayed one of the two key ingredients for a true leader after God's heart - accountability.  Not once did he blame the Levites for doing wrong, but he said that they were a team that rose and fell together when he said that God's anger was against THEM, and THEY didn't ask God for guidance.  Even though it was originally his idea to move the Ark, he understood that they were all in it together.  He accepted the punishment from God for the first incident, and sought to correct it according to God's will and instruction so there wouldn't be a second.

I have worked for and with many people who would never accept accountability for their actions.  When something went wrong, instead of trying to correct the problem, they were only concerned that someone else was to blame so they wouldn't look bad.  Accepting accountability and seeking a better solution that includes the feedback and input of others doesn't mean that we are weak.  Quite the contrary!  When we show that we are not above correction, we show that Christ is at work in our heart.  We show that we don't have all the answers, and that success is a team effort.  He didn't come to save the righteous, but the ones that know they are sinners and need Him.  Am I seeking God's will and instruction?  I will make mistakes, particularly when I am not seeking His counsel first.  But when I make mistakes, am I seeking His counsel to ensure that I don't make the same mistake twice?

Dear Lord, thank You for Your great counsel and instruction.  I pray that I will continue to seek Your guidance in all that I do, so that I may serve the ones I lead according to Your will and purpose for their lives as well as my own.  Please continue to give me the strength and courage to be the leader You want me to be.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment