Saturday, October 26, 2013

Our Best Hope

Psalm 42:11 - Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise Him again - my Savior and my God!

This is such a great message.  The writer remembers a different time, when things in his community were better.  But now, things have taken a turn for the worse.  Through it all, the writer knows that God is with him.  He feels God's presence all the time.  He knows that God is always taking care of him.  He has no reason to be discouraged or sad, because his hope is in God.  No matter what he is going through, or may go through, God will always be with him, and he will praise his Savior over and over again.

Am I keeping this in mind when things get bad?  He is not just my best hope, He is my only hope.  I need to remember to turn things over to God and let Him work in my life.  Total surrender is the only way to receive His blessings in my life.  God will always love me, but if I'm not doing everything for Him and according to His will, He won't bless me.  I need to keep that in mind next time things take a turn for the worse.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder to keep my focus on You.  I know that You are the where the blessings come from, and I want to remain in Your favor.  I ask for Your continued guidance and strength in my life, so that I may show others what You are really like.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment