Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lead By Example

Mark 10:45 - "For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give His life as a ransom for many."

Jesus was such a great example setter. He was a true leader in every sense of the word.  When the disciples were arguing over which of them was greater, Jesus let them know that no one is great if their intention is not to serve their fellow man.  He used Himself as the example that He didn't come to be served and treated like a king, but to serve us all through His death on the cross.

The first leadership training I ever learned was more Christian than I realized at the time.  I wasn't a Christian then, so I didn't realize just how Scripture-based it really was.  They taught us to lead by example, and never expect or ask a subordinate to do anything you were not willing or able to do yourself.  Isn't that what Jesus tells us too?  He was willing to serve us by laying down His life at the cross.  He said we should be willing to pick up our cross and follow Him, and be willing to lay down our lives for our fellow man.  Isn't that what He did?  He is a leader I will happily follow.

Dear Lord, thank You for speaking to me all those years ago even though I didn't recognize it at the time.  I am beyond blessed by Your teaching and leadership, and I pray that I can be an example of true leadership to my staff at work and everyone else I encounter.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment