Monday, September 9, 2013

Thank Him

Philippians 4:6 - Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.

I think it's very easy for a lot of people to forget one key part of this verse: to thank Him for all He has done.  A lot of times, we get wrapped up in our prayers.  We get busy asking for this or that.  As much as I hate to say it, but in a society that is so focused on the "me first" mentality, it is almost to be expected.  In a world where there is so much violence, it is difficult to see God's wonderful blessings in everything.  We need to be mindful to thank God for every blessing He has bestowed upon us through His love, mercy, and grace.

I know I have been guilty of this more times than I care to admit.  God really put it in my heart recently that I needed to say thank You to Him more often.  Boy was he right (as usual).  We all are quick to say thank you to people (at least if we have some manners) when they hand us something or do us a favor.  Why have I not been so quick to say thank You to God?  He has done more than anyone on this earth could ever do for me!  Have I just come to expect it?  I sure hope not.  That is one level of complacency that I DO NOT want to get to.

Dear Abba Father, THANK YOU.  I pray that I will not fall into the comfort of complacency and forget where my blessings are coming from.  THANK YOU for Your wonderful mercy, Your unending grace, and Your unfailing love.  THANK YOU.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment