Monday, September 23, 2013

Accountability and Integrity

1 Chronicles 21:17 - And David said to God, "I am the one who called for the census!  I am the one who has sinned and done wrong!  But these people are as innocent as sheep - what have they done?  O Lord my God, let Your anger fall against me and my family, but do not destroy Your people."

David is the epitome of what a true leader should aim to be like.  He made mistakes, as everyone does, but he accepted accountability for them.  He displayed his integrity by admitting his sin, accepting responsibility for his actions, and being obedient to God when he was told what to do after.  God loves a repentant heart, and that is exactly what David had.

As a leader in my job, do I show accountability and integrity in all that I do?  I certainly try to.  My father always told me that integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.  I agree with him completely, but I also believe that integrity is accepting accountability for your actions.  If someone on my staff makes a mistake, I need to examine if there was something I could have done to help prevent it.  I am not afraid to accept my role and my responsibility, because I know that is what God expects of me.  When I do make mistakes, I need to make sure that I confess my sin to God, and seek His will with a repentant heart.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder that I need to make sure I am staying accountable to You as well as those I work for.  I trust Your will for me, Lord, even if it would cost me my job in the long run.  That just means that You have bigger and better plans for me.  Thank You for always revealing something great to me in Your Word every day.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment