Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Paying Attention

Psalm 40:1 - I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.

God is always listening and paying attention when we reach out to Him in prayer.  Sometimes it feels like we have to shout loud for our prayers to reach the Heavens, but we don't.  He promises to meet us half way.  He promises to bend down and listen, to incline His ear and listen to our needs.  At the same time, we have to be paying attention and listen for His response.  We have to be willing to obey what He tells us.  He will meet us half way, and we must be willing to do so too.

I used to believe that God wasn't listening.  Then I realized that I wasn't obeying.  I caught myself praying, and when I would get the answer, I would say, "Whoa...I can't do that..."  It doesn't work that way.  I have to be willing to do the leg work.  God will make it happen if I am faithful and obedient to Him, but I have to show Him that I am.  I have improved my obedience, but I still find myself sometimes saying, "Really?  Are you sure?"  Of course He's sure.  He doesn't test or tempt us.  I have to remember if I feel God speaking to me, to shut up and listen and obey.  He has always met me half way.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for Your promises.  I love my time in prayer with You, because I know You are always listening.  I don't have to shout out my prayers, because You have inclined Your ear and bent down to listen to my pleas.  I am so blessed by Your love and amazing grace.  Thank You for loving me when I tried my hardest to make myself unlovable.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment