Monday, September 16, 2013

Give It All To Him

1 Peter 5:7 - Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.

God cares for His people so much.  When we trust in Him and turn our problems over to Him, it warms His heart.  He wants to do for us because He loves us.  Just the same, we should be willing to do for others because of our love for them.  Sometimes that can be difficult to do for some people.  We find ourselves saying, "But this guy did this to me, and she did that to me."  Who cares!  That was yesterday.  God doesn't dwell on what we did yesterday, so what right do we have to do it?!  If God was so concerned about what we did yesterday, He wouldn't offer us His love and protection.  He wouldn't take the time to care about us and listen to our prayers.  He simply wouldn't care.  But He does.  Because he loves us.

This is something I have struggled with a lot over the years.  I used to be really good about holding a grudge.  During a recent Bible study with my Church about love, we were really challenged to love like Jesus loves.  That series really helped transform my heart.  I found myself in better relationships with people I simply didn't get along with at all.  I found myself doing for others with no thought of what I had coming to me.  During this time, I really learned to trust God more with my worries and cares.  I got so much better about letting go and giving everything over to God.  I have learned over the last few years that I cannot do this on my own, and that God wants to do for me what I cannot do.  I am so grateful for His love and attention.

Dear Lord, thank You for caring.  Thank You for taking my worries and cares away from me.  Thank You for blessing me with such an amazing Church family that has really demonstrated how to love like Jesus loves.  You know how my brain operates, You know how I need to see things in action and not just read about them in order to understand.  Seeing my Church family put into action what I read in Your Word really showed me that ALL things are possible with Your strength.  Thank You for that reminder.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment