Sunday, September 29, 2013

Stop Trying To Help

Proverbs 3:7 - Don't be impressed with your own wisdom.  Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.

The more we try to help God work His plan for us, the worse we make it.  This passage says, 'fear the Lord'.  I read that as 'trust the Lord'.  Sometimes we do best to get out of our own way and let God work.  God doesn't need our help to work His plan for our lives, He wants our trust and faith.  Whatever He has planned is perfect, we are not.

Am I getting in my own way?  Sometimes I do.  Sometimes I hear myself saying, 'well I can just do this and it will speed things up'.  I need to stop trying to help.  I have proven time and again that I don't have all the answers.  I am not the most patient person.  I have a lot of schooling left before I finish what I have set out to achieve by the grace and direction of God.  Sometimes, I get so impatient I just want to stop and start the plan God has for my future.  I can't do that.  God put me on this path because this is what I need, not because it is what I want or is the easiest way.  I would be smart to just stop trying to help.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder to get out of my (and your) way and trust in Your plan for me.  I know that You have great and perfect things planned for my future, and I will trust Your will for my life.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment