Sunday, September 15, 2013

Forward Thinking

2 Kings 20:19 - Then Hezekiah said to Isaiah, "This message you have given me from the Lord is good."  For the king was thinking, "At least there will be peace and security during my lifetime."

Hezekiah was being selfish.  He was sad that he was dying and he begged God to not let it happen.  After God granted his request, he got a message from Isaiah that bad things would happen to Israel during his sons life because of his actions, and he lost his humility.  He was more concerned about saving his own skin.  What we do has far greater consequences than we sometimes realize.  We must work to think about the bigger picture.  It is very easy to get caught up in the moment, and concern ourselves with the here and now.  We have to think with an eternal perspective.

This is something I have always struggled with.  As I have grown in my relationship with Jesus, I have gotten better about it, but I still have a lot of work to do.  I have to remember that what I do on this earth is fleeting and only for a moment, but can have eternal consequences.  I am confident that as I continue to seek God more every day, I will improve on this.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me not to just think in the moment.  Thank You for the reminder that I must seek Your wisdom and guidance for ALL that I do before I do it.  I have to remember to pray and THEN plan, so that my will aligns with Yours.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment