Monday, September 2, 2013

Quit Complaining and Start Loving

Philippians 2:14 - Do everything without complaining and arguing.

God doesn't want us to do things begrudgingly.  Paul tells us here to do everything without complaining and arguing so that no one can criticize us.  God loves joyful givers, and He loves to see joyful people in general.  He gives us the CHOICE to follow Him, and He transforms our lives in such an amazing and awesome way, how could we not be joyful about it!  God didn't complain about sacrificing His only Son to save us, He did it out of love.  Jesus didn't complain about suffering and dying a painful death for a bunch of whiners, did He?  No, He did it out of love.  Stop complaining, and go love on someone.

Am I more loving than complaining?  It took some doing, but I learned that complaining is just pointless.  I used to complain about traffic during my drives to and from work (and since I live near L.A., just about anywhere) - but it didn't get me anywhere faster.  I used to complain about long lines at places - but it didn't make the food taste better, or make the line move faster.  A pastor once said during his message that complaining is the opposite of worship of God, it is worship of self and a sign of pride, and it is a sign of a lack of faith.  I certainly would not want to be convicted of those things by God, so I must stay strong in my faith, stop complaining, and keep on loving.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder today to stop complaining, and just love.  Your gentle and loving reminders of areas like this keep me humble to You.  I pray that I will stay strong in my faith so that I don't start complaining when I don't see things happening when I expect them to.  I know that You will provide not only WHAT I need, but WHEN I need it.  Thank You Abba Father.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment