Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Resisting Temptation

1 Corinthians 10:13 - The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.  And God is faithful.  He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.  When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure.

We all experience the same temptations (for the most part), but if we stay strong in our faith, God is faithful and will deliver us from these temptations stronger and better equipped than we were before (see Matthew 4).  God doesn't do the tempting, Satan does (see Job).  But god does the strengthening, and He has promised to never allow more than we can handle when we stay strong in our faith.

Am I strong enough to resist the temptations when I come face to face with them?  God has given me such great strength through the years (even though I didn't realize it was Him for a good part of it).  He has helped me to resist the temptation to break my sobriety.  Over the last (nearly) 15 years, those temptations have been enormous.  I have learned, and I must pray that I keep this in mind, that when I feel those temptations rising that they are not from God.  After all these years, I still get those feelings creeping in.  When they come I remind myself that they are from Satan, and I pray for God's strength to resist them.  I trust that He will give me that strength, because I know He is faithful through everything.

Dear Lord, thank You for the strength You give me daily to resist the temptations I face.  Some of them are stronger than others, and they are always difficult.  Help me to remember to pray harder during those times so that Your strength will continue to abide in me.  I trust You completely.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment