Friday, September 13, 2013

Don't Wait

James 4:14 - How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow?  Your life is like the morning fog - it's here a little while, then it's gone.

Life is short and precious.  While our faith is what saves us, our good works demonstrate our faith.  For those of us who have friends who have not been saved, we must work to show our love.  Some of them need to see it to believe it at first.  Seeing our true love for them and for everyone is just a tiny glimpse of the quantity and quality of the love that Jesus has for them.  Pray that they don't wait until it's to late to accept Christ.  And when you think you've prayed all you can...pray harder.

I have a few people that I have shared the Gospel with in the hopes that they would be saved, but to no avail.  There have been some days where I have just wanted to give up and leave them to suffer for their stubbornness.  But I can't do that.  Jesus didn't do that with me.  And I sure gave Him plenty of opportunities to just throw up His hands and say, "Forget it.  This one's just a hard-headed mule."  He never did that.  He will never do that.  For those that make it difficult for me to pray for, I need to pray harder for them.  I need to show them the love that is just a tiny sliver of what Jesus has for them.

Dear Lord, thank You for putting this reminder on my heart today.  I know I need to be praying harder for those that are harder to reach.  I know that I am saved by my faith in You through Your amazing grace, but I need to demonstrate that faith to those who have been more difficult to reach through words alone.  Thank You for all You have done, and continue to do, in and through me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment