Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Listening Closely

Proverbs 1:23 - Come and listen to my counsel.  I'll share my heart with you and make you wise.

God wants us to be close to Him.  He wants us to make the effort to be close to Him.  He has already offered the biggest sacrifice possible to bring us near to Him, and now it's up to us.  But He still isn't done.  He still offers more than just salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.  He offers to share His heart with us and make us wise.  The wisdom He offers is worth more than any human understanding could ever bring.

Am I listening closely to what God has to share with me?  I know He will always bend down to hear me, but I need to meet Him half way (at least!).  He wants to be with me, but I have to want to be with Him.  I desire to be with Him more than I could ever put into words.  Every day I spend in His Word learning about Him, it makes me desire His presence and His knowledge even more.

Dear Lord, thank You for being with me.  Thank You for the ultimate sacrifice of Your Son, and thank You for still wanting to do more to bring me closer to You.  I pray that I will continue to desire You in all that I do, and I trust that You will always be there for me in everything.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment