Sunday, September 8, 2013

All About Him

1 Corinthians 10:31 - So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Everything we do in our daily lives should be done for the glory of God.  As human beings who live in a fallen, materialistic world, it is sometimes difficult to wrap our heads around the fact that it is NOT all about us.  Particularly when we are encouraged by the world to do whatever we want to make ourselves happy.  It really is all about God.  Why?  Because He's the one who sent His Son to die in our place.  He's the one who gives us salvation through the blood of His Son Jesus Christ.  He has done way more through this act of love, than we could ever hope to do in 10 lifetimes.  THAT'S why He deserves the glory.

Am I doing everything for God's glory?  Like a lot of us, I could definitely use some work in this area.  A Pastor at my church made a great point in a message he gave a few weeks ago.  He said before you do something ask yourself, "Would you do it if God was standing there with you?"  Talk about convicted!  The truth is, God is standing there with us.  He is everywhere all the time.  Does that mean we need to be walking on eggshells?  No.  God doesn't work that way.  He's not just there to discipline us, He's there to love us.  He's there to make sure that when we do fall, we get back up.  We need to make sure that we are giving Him the glory in all we do, because we could not do it without Him.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder.  I know I have struggled with my mouth and my attitude from time to time.  I have fallen, but You pick me back up, because You love me and You have great and mighty things planned for me.  For that, I give you all the glory and honor You so richly deserve.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment