Thursday, September 26, 2013

Just Because

Deuteronomy 7:8 - Rather, it was simply that the Lord loves you, and He was keeping an oath He had sworn to your ancestors.  That is why the Lord rescued you with such a strong hand from your slavery and from the oppressive hand of Pharaoh, king of Egypt.

God has done what He has done (and continues to do daily) because He loves us.  That's it.  There is no other reason for our redemption through our faith in Jesus Christ than the 'just because' reason.  God does, just because.  As kids it was always difficult to hear the 'because I said so' reason from Mom and Dad (used to drive me crazy).  As adults, it is even harder to grasp.  As kids, we ask for explanation because we are trying to learn.  As adults we demand explanation because we have become jaded towards certain things, and we require justification.  The beauty of it all is that God just wants to keep it simple.  K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid.  Although I'm certain God wouldn't call us stupid, you get the point.  He loves us and saves us, just because.

The easiest way for me to understand this passage after several readings, was to put it in more contemporary terms since I wasn't there when God rescued the Israelites from Pharaoh.  The Lord rescued me with such a strong hand from my slavery to my sin and the oppressive guilt of Satan, king of lies.  Wow...He sure did.  And to think that He did it just because He loves me.  He certainly didn't do it because of my charming personality that makes me so lovable...He did it just because.  Being an analyzer, it can be difficult for me to wrap my head around things like that sometimes.  However, being a sinner that was never able to fix my problems before I met Jesus, I am prepared to take something like this on faith.  I'm still working on a lot of the problems (see: issues) I have, but with God on my side as my Great Encourager and the great advice-giver, comforter (the list goes on), I can accomplish these tasks.  All just because.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for saving me just because You love me.  I know I can be...difficult...to be around and get along with at times (see: does not play well with others), but You have stayed by my side and rescued me from my slavery to sin and Satan's oppression.  I am forever grateful, and pray that I can bring You the glory You so greatly deserve in all I do for the rest of the time You have given me in this world.  In Jesus' precious and Holy name, I pray.  Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment