Saturday, September 28, 2013

Speed Bumps

Matthew 14:31 - Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him.  "You have so little faith," Jesus said.  "Why did you doubt me?"

Peter's faith wavered, and he began to sink.  But Jesus still saved him.  Would He have been just to let him drown for doubting?  Perhaps, but that really isn't for us to decide, and more importantly, that isn't how God works.  He knows our heart.  He knew Peter's heart and He had great and might things planned for him.  That's why He saved Peter.  That why He has saved us.  As our faith grows in our relationship with Jesus, there are going to be speed bumps.  We can't give up on the first one, or any of them for that matter, because we think God won't want us anymore.  God wanted us when we didn't believe.  He isn't worried about the struggle, but the recovery.  He knows we are going to be knocked down and around by others, but He wants us to reach out for His hand to stand us back up and put us on the right path again.

Have I struggled in my faith from time to time over the years?  You bet I have!  Every time I stumble and fall, I come out of it stronger when I reach for God to pick me back up.  It isn't always easy to do this, either.  I have to make a conscious effort to reach for Him.  It is very easy for me to reach for other things to comfort me, but their comfort is only temporary and I have trust and faith that God's comfort is eternal.

Dear Lord, thank You for picking me up every time.  I know You are more than justified to finally just say, "Alright, I've had enough of this guy."  But You never have, and I trust that You never will.  You love me too  much to let me sink.  Thank You so much from the bottom of my heart.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment