Friday, September 27, 2013

A Real Purpose

1 Peter 2:9 - But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people.  You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession.  As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for He called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light.

Peter is reminding us not only that we are special people because we were specifically chosen by God to be set apart from the rest, but also what we are supposed to be doing.  That we have a real purpose.  We are supposed to be showing everyone the goodness of God.  We are supposed to love others the way Jesus loves us.  That is God's will for us.  I have heard it said that we may be the only Bible that some people read.  That doesn't mean that we need to go around repeating scripture everywhere, but we need to set an example for others in the way we live and love others.  People read attitudes and actions just as much, if not more than, they read words on a page.

Have I been seeking God's will for my life?  Have I been living according to my real purpose to share God's love and goodness with the people I encounter?  I know I can do better.  I still lose my patience and let my temper get the better of me.  I need to work harder so that my attitudes and actions match what is coming out of my mouth.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me of my special purpose.  Thank You for reminding me that I have been chosen and set apart as Your special possession.  I pray for Your courage and strength to come upon me so that I may better spread Your Good News and Your goodness to everyone I encounter.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment