Thursday, September 12, 2013

No Fear

2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

God doesn't want us to be afraid.  He doesn't want us to second guess or fear what we are doing.  His Spirit gives us the knowledge to do what is right, and when we trust His leading, bad things will not happen.  He doesn't lead us into failure, but into great and mighty things.  He will never set us up for failure.

I have gotten over a lot of my trust issues over time.  God really put it on my heart to love more.  And I have never felt better.  In the past I probably would've done a lot of second guessing.  My common response would've been, "Really?!  Are you sure?!"  God not only doesn't want us to not second guess ourselves, but He doesn't want us to second guess Him either.  God's patience with me has been so amazing.  Instead of justly punishing me when I would second guess Him all the time, He would simply say, "Trust me, I will not fail you."  He kept doing something that He should never have to do.  He kept proving Himself to me.  I am so grateful for His never ending patience, love, and grace.  I never could have gotten that anywhere else.

Dear Abba Father, thank You so much for showing me how to love, how to be patient, and how to extend grace.  You have dealt so lovingly with me, I pray that I won't let You down as I work towards Your glory and for Your Glorious Kingdom.  Thank You for everything.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment