Saturday, September 21, 2013

Inner Peace

Romans 5:1 - Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.

We have all seen the bumper stickers and t-shirts, etc. that say things like, "No God No Peace - Know God Know Peace."  Are they true?  100%!  Jesus' sacrifice gave us the ability to have true inner peace through our acceptance of Him and our salvation through Him.  The transformation doesn't happen over night, but we immediately feel different because the Holy Spirit does bring us relief.  The transforming takes time through our growing relationship with God.  The more we spend time getting to know Him through His Word and prayer, the greater the peace and joy we have in our lives?

Do I have inner peace in my life?  I sure do.  I used to be a very angry person that was not a lot of fun to be around.  My Savior gave me so much peace and joy that sometimes I feel like I am bursting at the seams.  That doesn't mean that I am complete.  Far from it.  I need to maintain my relationship with God by being intentionally intimate with Him.  How do I do that?  Spending time every day in His Word and taking time to be quiet in prayer (conversation) with Him.  He has met me more than half way, and it is up to me now to grow with Him.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for hushing the anger and rage within me with that inner peace that I could get nowhere else.  I pray that I will remain in Your favor as I continue to seek You everyday in Your Word and through our prayer time together.  My cup runneth over with Your love and peace, and I wouldn't want it any other way.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment