Tuesday, September 17, 2013

All The Same

James 2:9 - But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin.  You are guilty of breaking the law.

Jesus didn't tell us to love "certain" others as ourselves, He just said others.  We are commanded to love everyone.  We don't have the right to be picking and choosing who we want to care about.  No one is better than anyone else, regardless of how much money they have, or how many toys they have.  We are all God's children, and we should be treating each other that way.

Am I truly loving like Jesus loves?  Do I give others less of my time because I feel they are not as important as someone else?  I have certainly been guilty of this, and I am working on it.  I know that God doesn't want me to only love the ones I feel are important to me and my success in life.  Because no one is as important to the success in my life as God is.  If I am not following His commands completely, He is just to withdraw His blessings from me.  I have to make sure that I am showing love and attention to everyone.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your gentle reminders about following Your commands.  I pray that You will continue to bless me, as I work every day at being more like You.  I know I am, and will continue to be, a work in progress, but I am grateful for all Your blessings.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment