Sunday, September 22, 2013

Abundant Blessings

1 Chronicles 17:16 - Then King David went in and sat before the Lord and prayed, "Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my family, that You have brought me this far?"

David was overwhelmed with God's blessings.  God had blessed David enormously, and when David wanted to do something for God, He told him not to.  God told him that He had even greater plans to bless David and his family.  David had to ask why had he received such favor.  God was blessing him because of David's faithfulness.  David truly was a man after God's heart, and God rewarded him with abundant blessings.  When we are faithful and seek God's will for us and are obedient to it, He is faithful in blessing us abundantly.  God doesn't require anything in return for His blessings.

Am I seeking God's will for me?  Yes.  Am I obedient to it?  Usually.  This is something I need to improve on, because usually isn't good enough.  I trust that God has my best interests at heart.  The Pastor at my church this morning put it well when he said, "God's ways don't always make sense, but they work."  I needed to hear that.  The one area I have struggled with the most is Total Obedience.  That is going to change.  I know that God will bless me abundantly when I am totally obedient.  I want to be overwhelmed with God's love and blessings.  He has already done so much for me, that I trust Him completely, now I need to show it.  I need to be faithful like David was, and be a man after God's heart.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for Your blessings in my life.  Thank You for Your unending patience as I seek to be totally obedient to Your will for my life.  I want Your abundant blessings for me, so that everyone I come in contact with will see what it is like, and they will seek You just the same.  Please use me for Your glory.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment