Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bountiful

Psalm 142:7 - Bring my soul out of prison, so that I may give thanks to Your name; The righteous will surround me, for You will deal bountifully with me.

David's faith in God was so awesome.  He trusted in God to rescue him from everything He was going through, and God did not disappoint (does He ever?!).  David knew that when he put his trust in God completely, that people would want to be around him, because they would see how God would provide bountifully for David, and they would want that for themselves as well.

Is my faith like this?  Am I trusting God to the point that He is providing for me bountifully?  I think I could be better, but fortunately God doesn't wait for me.  He has provided for me in ways that I never could have imagined or hoped for.  He has shown me what He is capable of doing for me.  I know that my faith will grow stronger.  If His provisions for me get stronger as well (and they will), I cannot wait to see the bountiful harvest He has for me.  I have learned enough about God over the years to know that He isn't trying to buy my faith and trust by giving me more now, and then pulling back once He has me.  He has just given me a glimpse of the possibilities of what He has in store for me.  And just a glimpse of those possibilities have been nothing short of AMAZING.

Dear Abba Father, thank you for being AMAZING.  Every day you encourage and strengthen my faith in You no matter what I may be going through.  I am excited and humbled for what You have in store for me.  I long to serve You and Your Kingdom more.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment