Tuesday, September 10, 2013

God's Peace

Philippians 4:7 - Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

The more and more we put our trust, confidence, and faith in Jesus Christ through incessant prayer (at least starting with incessant prayer), the more and more we will experience God's peace and protection.  Like a lot of things, you get out what you put in...sort of.  The ratio isn't 1 to 1.  It's more like 1 to 10.  For every one we give to and for God, He gives us tenfold what we put in (approximate numbers for demonstration purposes only).  The point is, He gives us way more than we could ever offer Him.  It started with the blood of His Son Jesus Christ, through which we are saved, and continues in all aspects of our lives as we trust and obey Him.

It hardly seems fair.  It feels I am getting way more out of this relationship than God is.  I know this is how He designed it though.  I will trust the design of my Creator (particularly over my own limited understanding).  I will accept His gifts of peace, unconditional love, and unfailing grace for me.  I pray that I will grow stronger in my prayers to Him and be more surrendered to His will for my life.

Dear Lord, thank You for all You have done.  Thank You for giving me far more than I could ever give You.  I pray that I will continue to grow strong in Your peace.  I pray that I will continue to grow stronger in my faith and trust in Your will for my life.  I know You have great and might things planned for me...because You told me so.  Thank You for everything Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment