Saturday, June 1, 2013

Faith Alone

Galatians 3:6 - In the same way, "Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith."

In this chapter, Paul is reminding the Galatians that faith alone is what saves them and brings them the Holy Spirit among them.  He reminds them that the law will not do this by reminding them that Abraham was blessed and counted as righteous because of his FAITH.  The law of Moses that Paul is referring to didn't come for another 430 years, and was only brought to show people their sins, and remain until Christ came to save us.

Do I trust in my faith to bring me God's blessings of grace and redemption?  Yes I do!  My time in God's Word these last couple of years has strengthened, beyond measure, my faith and trust in God and His plan for my life.  Would it have been better if I had this faith and trust years earlier?  Of course it would have.  But God had other plans for me, and I know it wasn't my time yet to work for His glory.  So now, as I go down the path he has put me on, I am excited for the things that I can accomplish for God's Kingdom and Glory.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your Word and Your Truth.  I have been so blessed because of Your love for me.  I know I can never do anything that would make me 'counted as righteous'.  It is only through my faith in You that has saved me and redeemed me.  I ask for Your continued guidance and wisdom so that I may bring You glory in my time on this earth.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment