Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Heart Check

Job 34:37 - For you have added rebellion to your sin; you show no respect, and you speak many angry words against God.

Elihu is questioning Job's heart for God.  He points out that even though Job believed himself to be righteous, that no one is without sin.  And as soon as Job was tested, he questioned God's loyalty to him instead of humbling himself and asking for God's forgiveness.  Job may have done some great things, but when he was tested his heart started to rebel.

It's all about our hearts and not our deeds.  If our hearts are right, our deeds will follow, not the other way around.  Does my heart rebel when I am tested?  I pray for God's strength to keep my heart for Him strong when I am faced with trials.  I know His power is the only way I will get through them.

Dear Lord, I know I am a sinner, but You love me anyway.  Please keep my heart strong for You when I am tested so that it doesn't rebel against You, and that I can show non-believers around me what the Light of the World can do for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment