Saturday, June 29, 2013

Never Alone

Psalm 25:16 - Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress.

David had the right idea here.  He was alone and scared, and He knew that God would always stay with him to comfort and protect him.  Jesus promised to always be with us (Matthew 28:20), and that is something we can always count on.  He doesn't want us to be alone.  We can always turn to Him for companionship.

Loneliness is something I struggle with on a regular basis.  Now working on my second divorce, it has done wonders for my prayer life.  Since I don't have anyone that I can turn to here for comfort or companionship, I have to remind myself to turn to God in prayer, and He will always be there for me.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your promise of companionship.  Thank You for not leaving me alone, and being the Great Comforter during the hardest times, and the Great Encourager during the best.  I cannot do this alone, and I am eternally blessed to have You with me for this journey.  In Jesus' powerful and holy name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment