Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pray For Them

Jeremiah 29:7 - And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you into exile.  Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare.

This is a great foreshadow of Jesus' message to us that we should love and pray for those who would persecute us.  We need to understand that what happens to one of us affects others.  Jesus did say that He came to fulfill the Scriptures, and this is definitely one of those.  Love them, pray for them, regardless of whether you agree with them.

This is something I have struggled with a lot, although I am getting better.  I heard a great message from author Bob Goff at my church recently.  He broke it down very simply - Love God, Love others, and Do Stuff.  God really put it on my heart to reconcile with those I could, and pray for those I haven't been able to yet.  This is also the 3rd time in the last 3 days that I have come across this specific passage in Jeremiah.  I guess God is trying to tell me something...

Dear Abba Father, thank You for Your promises, and thank You for fulfilling Your promises with Your Son Jesus Christ.  Thank You for teaching me about love, and for reminding me that my work is far from over.  Please continue to be with me and guide me with Your wisdom and understanding Lord.  In Jesus' powerful and Holy name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment