Friday, May 31, 2013

Old Selves

Galatians 2:20 - My old self has been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live,  but Christ lives in me.  So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

When we accept Christ into our hearts as our Savior, we understand that we are no longer living for ourselves.  We are living for His glory and His Kingdom.  The stakes are raised on our end of the deal, because we are now living for something that is so much greater than ourselves.

Although I accepted Christ as my Savior a long time ago, I never took the time to develop a relationship with Him.  I almost never read the Bible or prayed.  I never really went all the way and invited Him into my heart.  Some would say that I wasn't really saved then.  That's fair.  Once I did this a few years ago, my eyes were opened wide, and I finally understood that it's all for His glory, not mine.  And I'm totally fine with that.  What did doing things my way get me anyway? A drug problem...broken relationships...bondage to things that have no meaning beyond this world.  His way is much better.

Dear Lord, thank You for opening my eyes to Your truth, and transforming my heart into one that is after Yours.  I pray for Your continued strength and guidance as I prepare for another day in this world, and seek to bring You glory in all that I do.  I know that I will definitely fall short from time to time, but I am thankful for Your new mercy every day.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment