Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Boasting In Love

2 Corinthians 10:17 - As the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord."

I read something once that said, "We cannot boast about our love for God, because we fail Him daily, but we can boast about His love for us, because it never fails."  Great words of wisdom.  God's love never fails and knows no end.  That is certainly something worth boasting about!

There is nothing wrong with getting that pat on the back for a job well done.  I even get them occasionally at work...But if I let that pat turn into boastful pride, I am taking glory away from God, and that is a dangerous and slippery slope to be on.  I have to be mindful of this easy trap to fall in to.  The only thing I should be boastful of is when I get to Heaven and Jesus tells me, "Well done good and faithful servant."  I don't mind boasting about His awesome power of unfailing love.

Dear Lord, please help me to stay humble to you, and be sure that I give You the glory that You deserve way more than I ever could.  Your love is so awesome and powerful, I cannot imagine not wanting to boast about it.  Thank You for all of the blessings You have given me.  In Jesus' powerful and Holy name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment