Sunday, June 9, 2013

Victory

1 Corinthians 15:55 - O death, where is your victory?  O death, where is your sting?

Jesus Christ achieved victory by defeating death at the cross.  Our faith in Him takes the sting out of death.  When we close our eyes for the last time, we will open them in Heaven in an instant.  THAT is victory!

One of my biggest issues I used to have was anxiety.  I had crazy anxiety over dying one day, ever since I was a teenager.  When I came to know Jesus, I realized that it was Him trying to get my attention.  It was Him trying to tell me that I had nothing to fear.  I look forward to that day when God calls me home to Heaven so that I can rejoice in that final victory.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your unending patience.  Thank Your for achieving the victory over sin and death, so that I could have the honor and privilege of being with You in Heaven.  I know I took longer than what was probably preferred, but I know this is all according to Your will.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment