Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Right Idea

Psalm 109:4 - I love them, but they try to destroy me with accusations even as I am praying for them!

David had the right idea.  Love them regardless.  David trusted God to bring him through every tough circumstance, and here he is praying for and loving his enemies, because he knew that was what God expected of him.  This is what God expects of all of us, as confirmed by Jesus' instructions to love and pray for our enemies, because that was where the true glory was, and Paul in 1 Corinthians that we could have everything, but if we didn't have love, it was all meaningless and we would really have nothing.

This is something I have been working hard on lately, loving people regardless.  It has been a tough challenge for me, but anything worth doing is worth the challenge.  All I can do is continue to pray for God's strength and guidance.  I know that when I learn to love like Jesus loves, I will live like Jesus lives.  God has already done a great work on my heart to reach out and begin to repair one relationship, and I have felt Him touching my heart to reach out and repair another.  I love that feeling that I can get only from Him.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for working on my heart and teaching me to love like Jesus loves.  I ask for Your continued guidance and strength as I continue down the path You placed before me.  I know I can get through any trial with Your strength, and I know I will get through this one with Your blessings.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment