Monday, June 24, 2013

Pouring Out Love

1 Thessalonians 5:9 - For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out His anger on us.

I believe a common misconception among unbelievers who have never taken the time to study and understand the Bible believe that God is angry with us and only wants to condemn us for being bad.  This simply isn't the case.  As Paul reminds us here, God doesn't want to pour out His anger on us.  God sent His only Son to save us, not condemn us.  The blood of Jesus on the cross was God pouring out His love for us.

When I finally took the time to sit down and study the Bible, I finally understood this.  And my life has never been the same since.  And I am completely happy with that.  Understanding God's love for me has made such a profound impact on my life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Dear Lord, thank You for loving me.  I don't know how I made it so long without You in my life, or without understanding Your love for me, but I don't want to live another day without my relationship with You.  I thank You from the bottom of my heart for sending Your Son to die for me, so that I can have eternal life in Your Glorious Kingdom.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment