Wednesday, June 5, 2013

On Guard

Job 36:21 - Be on guard!  Turn back from evil,  for God sent this suffering to keep you from a life of evil!

We know that God didn't send the suffering that Job's experiencing directly, He allowed Satan to do it (with limitations).  However, Elihu's advice is fantastic.  The suffering he is going through, that God has allowed, is intended to strengthen Job, and show Satan that His chosen people can endure and grow stronger in their faith when tested.  Elihu is trying to let Job know that if he makes it through this trial faithful to God, then God will reward him.  Because He has already promised to reward us for staying true to Him.

What an amazing promise and gift from a God that is so loving.  Whose love knows no end.  I pray that as I face trials and tribulations, I will stay strong and true to God.  I know I can do it with the power and strength of Christ in my life.  When I am weakest is when He is strongest, and so am I.

Dear Lord, thank You for being who You are.  Thank You for Your promises of unending love, grace, and mercy.  I ask for Your strength and refuge during the hard times, so that I can resist the temptation of Satan and stay true to You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment