Monday, June 3, 2013

When In Doubt, Pray!

Job 33:26 - And when he prays to God, he will be accepted.  And God will receive him with joy and restore him to good standing.

Job's friend Elihu gives him some good advice here.  When in doubt, pray!  He tells Job that he shouldn't be whining and complaining and blaming God, but he should be praying to God.  He's telling him to open his heart to God, and He will receive him.

Do I pray enough?  Am I opening my heart to God during difficult situations or only when it is convenient for me?  I am human and I still lose my patience sometimes.  I need to be more mindful of my negative thoughts and emotions, so that instead of saying something that I'll need to ask forgiveness for, I am praying or God's guidance and wisdom.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for showing me your unending mercy and patience and love.  Please help me to remember to constantly open my heart to you in prayer, and give me the guidance and wisdom I need to continue to be Your good and faithful servant.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment