Monday, June 10, 2013

Humility and Trust

Job 42:6 - I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.

It took a lot of "soul searching" and bad advice from friends for Job to reach this point.  God finally confronted him directly, and showed him how wrong he was for questioning God's love and protection and blessings on his life.  God not only redeemed Job when he repented, He blessed him twice as much as he had before, and He promises to do the same for us.

After reading the story of Job for the third time now, I think I finally get it.  I will work to wait patiently on the Lord, and to never question Him when I go through tough times.  I know that He is using the trials to build me up stronger and preparing to bless me twofold.  I am committed to trusting His plan for me in His time.

Dear Lord, thank You for opening my eyes, and showing me what true humility looks like.  I recommit myself to Your Will for me, and pray for Your continued guidance and strength in all that I do, so that I may bring You the glory and honor You so richly deserve.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment