Monday, June 17, 2013

Rest For the Weary

Matthew 11:28 - Then Jesus said, "Come to Me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

What a promise.  Worrying about the material things of this world can give us more than we can handle sometimes.  How many workaholics suffer from stress related issues every day?  Some of which can be debilitating.  When we put our faith in Jesus, He promises to relieve the burdens of this world and lighten our load.  Now that's a great stress reliever.

My stress and anxiety levels used to be really high.  I was always worried about being the best at things and buying things.  When I put my trust in Jesus, I finally learned that none of it really matters.  I don't have to be the best at what I do for a living, because God already thinks I'm the best even if other people don't.  I don't have to have everything in this world, because I already have the promise of eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven.  That's a gift that keeps on giving...

Dear Lord, thank You for opening my eyes.  Thank You for lightening my yoke, and easing my burdens.  My mind and soul find more rest and comfort in You than I could ever find in anything in this world.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment