Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Truth

2 Corinthians 13:8 - For we cannot oppose the truth, but must always stand for the truth.

The truth is that God loves us. The truth is that God sent His only Son to die for us.  To take our place and carry our burden of sin and shame.  Opposing this truth is pointless, and will gain us nothing.  Standing for it, and accepting God's love and sacrifice, will gain us everything.

I spent so much of my life opposed to the truth of the love of God.  Opposed to accepting Jesus.  Even after I first accepted Him, I was indifferent to Him.  Oh what a difference a decade makes.  I would not want to live another day without inviting Christ into my heart to give me the strength, courage, and wisdom that only He can provide, to take on each new day.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for showing me the truth of Your love and sacrifice.  Thank You for setting me free my captivity and bondage to sin.  Thank You so much for coming into my heart and my life and giving me everything I need to survive and flourish.  I am forever Your humble servant.  In Jesus' precious and powerful name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment