Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Loved Anyway

Romans 3:23-24 - For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.  Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous.  He did this through Christ Jesus when He freed us from the penalty for our sins.

None of us is righteous, and we we will all continue to fall short as long as we rely on our own selves to make us right.  God loved us anyway, regardless of our shortcomings.  As it says, 'with undeserved kindness'.  We are so blessed to serve such a loving and forgiving and faithful God.  We have to make sure we are relying on Him.  That we are putting our trust and faith in His promise.  That is the only way we will be made right.

I know I certainly didn't do anything to deserve God's love and kindness.  When I was doing things on my own (or at least trying to), all I ever really accomplished was to make a mess of things.  When I finally gave myself up to God, and accepted His sacrifice of His Son for my sins, I finally started to understand (started) how it was supposed to be all along.

Dear Lord, thank You for loving me anyway.  I am certain that I have made it difficult through the years (that seems to be my specialty), but You have stayed faithful and true to Your Word and Your Promise, and I will continue to keep my trust and faith in You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment