Thursday, June 27, 2013

That's Love

Romans 9:2-3 - My heart is filled with bitter sorrow and unending grief for my people, my Jewish brothers and sisters.  I would be willing to be forever cursed - cut off from Christ! - if that would save them.

That's love right there.  Paul would give up every eternal reward if it meant that his fellow Jews who had not accepted Christ yet would be saved.  That is what unfailing Christlike love looks like.

Do I have this kind of love in my heart?  Am I willing to be cut off from Christ so that others may be saved?  Am I willing to make that sacrifice?  Most of my family (I don't have a lot of friends) are not Christians, and have not been saved.  My sister and I are the closest, and I have tried to share the Gospel with her, to no avail.  But I need to be willing to do more for her to show her what God's love is all about.  Would I give it all up for her if it meant she was saved and could spend eternity with God in His Glorious Kingdom?  You bet I would.

Dear Abba Father, I thank You for the opportunity and the privilege to serve You for eternity.  I ask for the wisdom and guidance I need to continue to share Your message with those that need to hear it.  Please use me to show them what Christlike love looks like, because I wan them to have it in their hearts too.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment