Thursday, June 6, 2013

God Is Love

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 - Love is patient and kind.  Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  It does not demand its own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.  Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

GOD is patient and kind.  GOD is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  HE does not demand HIS own way.  HE is not irritable, and HE keeps no record of being wronged.  HE does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever HIS truth wins out.  GOD never gives up (on us), never loses faith (in us), HE is always hopeful (for us), and HIS LOVE endures through every circumstance.

When this verse was explained to me in this way a couple of years ago, I had a light bulb moment.  I knew then, that I would spend the rest of my life serving and worshipping the Lord with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  My favorite part of this passage, is verse 7.  God never gives up on us, never loses faith in us, He is always hopeful for us to return to the wide open arms of His salvation, and He will love us through every circumstance.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for showing me the love that I never could and never would find from anywhere or anyone other than You.  I have been so blessed because You never gave up on me.  You never lost faith in me.  Your hope in me, is more than I could ever return to You in glory and honor.  Thank You for being everything I ever needed You to be and more.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment