Friday, June 28, 2013

Our Bodies

1 Corinthians 6:20 - For God bought you with a high price.  So you must honor God with your body.

We need to take care of what God gave us.  Our bodies are a temple for the Holy Spirit.  God purchased us for the highest price possible - the blood of His Son Jesus.  We should be encouraged to eat good and exercise.  For those who are self-conscious about their bodies and looks, don't be.  God bought you because He loves you, not because you look the best (certainly in my case...).  Surgeries to correct some PERCEIVED physical defect should never be the answer.  What for?!  You are beautiful just the way You are.  That's how God made you.  Because God said so!  Who cares what people of this world think.  God bought you for your heart.

This is something that I struggled with for a long time, and still do to a certain degree.  I am so blessed that God loves me for my heart for Him, and not my 6-pack abs that I don't have (hey, round is a shape...).

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder that You love us for our hearts and not our physical appearance.  I will strive to keep my heart strong for You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment