Thursday, June 20, 2013

Do It Right

Numbers 14:40 - Then they got up early the next morning and went to the top of the range of hills.  "Let's go," they said.  "We realize we have sinned, but now we are ready to enter the land the Lord has promised us."

The people understood that they sinned and upset God by not obeying Him.  But they weren't repentant.  They didn't ask God to forgive them.  They based their decision for obedience after the fact, based on what they DIDN'T want, not on what they should want.  They didn't want to wander in the desert for 40 years, which is certainly understandable, but they should have been focused on asking God's forgiveness and seeking a right relationship with Him.

When I do something stupid and sin, am I truly repentant?  Am I doing it right, and asking God's forgiveness because I want a good relationship with Him?  I need to be mindful that I am not just saying, 'sorry', but that I am doing it for the right reasons.  Because He deserves more from me than just some words, He deserves a humble heart that is seeking His grace and forgiveness.

Dear Lord, I thank you for showing me this reality check this morning.  You know my heart better than I do.  I humble myself to You, and ask You to forgive my transgressions.  I know I am not worthy of Your grace and mercy, but Your love has made me worthy, and I am truly thankful for that.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment